Friday 4 January 2013

BBQ Meatballs



I knew I would have some meat left over from the sliders in the last post so I decided to use it to make meatballs. The kids loving sticking toothpicks in them and eating them one by one instead of putting them on their plate and using a fork.  My middle son doesn't like burgers all that much but loves meatballs. I figured that I would at least one thing that everybody liked. There was no complaining at my table on New Year's Eve. I did use bottled BBQ sauce, I wasn't about to add making my own BBQ on top of everything else I had to do that day.

1 lb of ground beef
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 egg
1/2 cup panko
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 bottle of you favorite BBQ sauce or 1 cup of homemade BBQ sauce

Preheat oven at 400F. Line and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Mix all the ingredients except for BBQ sauce in a bowl. Mix gently, just until all ingredients are incorporated. Take about 1 tbsp of meat per meatball. Gently roll into a ball. Place on cookie sheet. Do this until all the meat is rolled. Bake for approximately 15 min. Turning halfway through. You just want to make sure they are nicely browned. When they are done place them in  baking dish or casserole dish and pour BBQ sauce over them. Gently mix. Place back in the oven for about 10 min to make sure everything is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment