Saturday 5 January 2013

Lemon Dill Chicken with Roasted Potatoes and Cauliflower


I have been struggling with my weight for quite a while. I gained alot of weight from medication that I was taking and was able to lose 25lbs as of this last summer. I was eating healthy and working out at 5-6 times a week. I completed the Live Fit trainer from www.bodybuilding.com and really enjoyed it. It helped me be more confident inn the gym and I definitely saw results. I had to start taking the meds again that cause weight gain. It didn't matter how healthy I ate or how much time I spent at the gym, I was gaining weight. I have gained back 15lbs. I'm off of the medication now and plan to keep it that way. I am back to eating well as much as possible and exercising 5-6 times a week. I feel so much better when I'm doing this, health wise and mentally as well. I do not sleep well when I'm not working out, so I have been enjoying the benefits of a good sleep. I will try to have as many healthy recipes as I can here and some no so healthy as well, I can't eat well 100% of the time. If anybody wants to add me on www.myfitnesspal.com my name is lilkim12161. Here is a chicken recipe that was really good. I found it here and thought it looked really good. I paired it with roasted sweet potatoes and Yukon golds and roasted cauliflower. Enjoy!!

Lemon Dill Chicken 
4 Servings

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
3 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves minced
1/2 small onion chopped small
1 cup reduced sodium chicken stock
2 tsp all purpose flour
3 tbsp chopped dill
1/2 lemon juiced
Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear until well browned on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate and tent with foil. Reduce heat to medium low. Add the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to the pan. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk stock, flour, 2 tablespoons dill and lemon juice in a measuring cup and add to pan. Cook, whisking, until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan and add any juices left on the plate. Reduce heat to low and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 6 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a warmed platter. Season sauce with salt and pepper and spoon over the chicken. Garnish with the remaining 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill.


Roasted Yukon's and Sweet Potatoes

1 large sweet potato
4 medium Yukon gold potatoes
1.5 tbsp garlic powder
1.5 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Preheat oven to 400F. Cut potatoes in 1-2 in cubes. Put everything in a large bowl. Mix it well. Place on foil lined baking sheet. Cover with foil and bake about 20 min, mix up the potatoes after 10 min. Take off the foil, Mix up the potatoes so that they don't burn on the bottom again. Bake another 20-25 min, mixing them again halfway through.

Roasted Cauliflower

1 head of cauliflower
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Break the cauliflower apart and place in colander. Rinse well. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Put cauliflower in the dish. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven at 400F with the potatoes for about 20-30 min, depending on the size of your pieces. Mix halfway so that the cauliflower doesn't burn.




No comments:

Post a Comment