Monday 14 January 2013

Picky Palate Breakfast

A couple of weeks ago I borrowed the book, The Picky Palate Cookbook, from the library. I always get cookbooks from the library before buying them. Some books I find I don't really care for or there are only a couple of recipes I'm interested in, so I borrow first. If there is a lot of recipes that I like then I'll buy the book. The Picky Palate Cookbook has a lot of recipes that I like. They all seem simple enough to make and there are a lot of recipes that are quick enough for me to make during the week. I even think there are some recipes in there that the kids will like. I definitely have to buy this book. My oldest was gone for a sleepover so I decided to try something a little different from the normal bacon and eggs for breakfast. I made One Bowl Buttermilk Pancakes with Buttermilk Syrup and Bacon and Onion Pan Fried Potatoes. Both dishes were yummy and almost everyone enjoyed them.My daughter didn't touch the potatoes or the buttermilk syrup but loved the pancakes.


I didn't get a close up of the potatoes, mine didn't look that great but tasted amazing. I served some mixed berries with the pancakes. The buttermilk syrup tastes like icing. These were so good. I will be trying more recipes from this book when I buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment