Wednesday 16 January 2013

What I Ate Wednesday #2

Tuesday was another workout day. I managed to run for a total of 30 minutes and walk for 30 minutes, not bad, I was happy with that. I planned out my meals for the week and cooked my food for breakfast, lunch and snacks on Sunday. It has made the week so much easier. I haven't dreaded making my lunches, all I have to do is put the food in the container.

Here's what I had

Breakfast (Pre Workout)
I had 2 hard-boiled eggs with salt and pepper, 1 Cara Cara orange and 1.5 oz of lean cooked ham with some ketchup. Oh I also had a coffee with 1 cream and 1 sugar


Snack (Post Workout)
I had a chocolate protein shake

Lunch
Vietnamese Chicken Salad with a 100 g container of PC Creamy Vanilla Yogurt(I didn't take a picture of the yogurt)



Snack
One No Bake Energy Ball, I didn't take a picture today, and a coffee with 1 cream, 1 sugar

Supper
2 Sweet and Spicy Salmon Kabobs and Roasted Potatoes. The potatoes were roasted in low sodium chicken broth and Cajun seasoning. I had a diet Schweppes ginger ale. After supper I had a coffee with 1 cream 1 sugar.


Snack
1 regular rice cake with natural peanut butter and a small granny smith apple with natural peanut butter, both were sprinkled with cinnamon


This might seem like alot of food but all the portions are one serving size. It is important to eat enough calories to fuel your body and to eat often. Eating frequently keeps your metabolism going. I did drink more coffee than usual which probably isn't good. I increased my water intake today, yay me! I love to eat junk food so I try to to eat healthy day by day, one step at a time, one meal at a time.If you want to see more of what others are eating check out Peas and Crayons, What I Ate Wednesday is hosted by them!

2 comments:

  1. Love the ending to this post. You are exactly right about making sure to nourish your body with the proper amount of calories. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it's important for people to see that you have to eat to be healthy or to lose weight, not limit the amount that you eat

      Delete