Friday 24 May 2013

Grilled Catfish with a Lemon Garlic Marinade

I'm always looking for ways to cook fish. I love fish and so does everyone else in the family, especially my youngest two children. I cook fish the same way all the time and was looking for something new that didn't involve a sauce. This is a very simple marinade but has a lot of flavour. The charcoal adds a smokiness that I just don't think I could do without. We just had caesar salad and garlic bread with the fish. Something quick and easy for a hot day during the week. Enjoy!

Grilled Catfish with Lemon Garlic Marinade
Juice from 1 lemon
4 cloves of garlic
1 onion chopped
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
5 catfish fillets

Combine the first 6 ingredients in a bowl or large freezer bag. Add the catfish. Marinate in the fridge for 40 minutes to 1 hour.  Heat up your grill. I used charcoal. Place the fish on the grill. Discard the marinade. Grill 5-7 minutes per side, depending on thickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment