Friday 3 May 2013

Homemade Taco Seasoning


I used to buy the packaged taco seasoning all the time but for the past couple of years I have been making my own I expected the kids to notice a difference when I started making my own and start complaining that it tastes different, because that what they do! But...that didn't happen! They have never noticed the difference between the two. For me knowing that it doesn't have the amount of sodium that they package does or any added ingredients that it doesn't need is enough for me to make my own, never mind the difference in price. I make a batch of this and it lasts about 4 meals, depending on how much ground meat I have. It's so simple and quick to throw together! You definitely have to try making your own taco seasoning.

Taco Seasoning
4 tbsp chili powder
3 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp oregano
1/2 tbsp cumin
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt

Mix it all together. Store in a tightly sealed container.
When your ready to use it, brown your meat, add 2tbsp of seasoning per pound of meat, add 1/2 cup of water. Cook the meat until all the liquid is evaporated.

No comments:

Post a Comment