Monday 13 May 2013

Sunday Food Prep #5 and Baked Tortilla Chips

I haven't prepped my food for the week for quite a while now, I guess I was being a bit lazy. I decided that I was going to do it again this week since it really does help me stay on track. I don't prep my suppers ahead of time, I like to eat whatever I make for the family with them, not something different. I do prep my breakfasts, snacks and lunches though. The only recipe that I have tried is the Cinnamon Chocolate Pancakes and they are delicious. The rest I haven't tried, so I hope they are good.
So here we have Chocolate Protein Oat Bran, Banana Brownie Protein Muffins, Cinnamon Chocolate Pancakes, Chicken and Mango Salsa, Baked Whole Wheat Tortilla Chips

I also boiled eggs for  breakfast
I will be having the pancakes and oat bran for breakfast during the week as well, the muffins are a snack and the chicken lunch.

For the oat bran, I didn't use stevia, I used 2 tsp of sugar and doubled the recipe and didn't use psyillum husk. I also used dark chocolate chips for the pancakes instead of bittersweet and didn't make the topping, I am using sugar free pancake syrup. I didn't want my chicken and mango salsa in a tortilla bowl because it would get soggy sitting around all morning, so tortilla chips it is. Here's the links for all the recipes


Baked Tortilla Chips
1 pack of Whole Wheat Tortillas, I used small tortillas
1/4 cup of oil, you won't use it all
2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350
Pour the oil into a bowl or keep it in the measuring cup
Stack the tortillas, using a pastry brush, brush oil on one side of each tortilla, it doesn't need to be soaked with oil, just enough to cover the entire surface.
Stack them as you go. Cut the tortillas into 8 triangles. Place them on a baking sheet. I did 2 batches,  and sprinkle with salt. I used 1 tsp per batch. If you want to add any other seasonings go ahead and do it. Bake for about 10 min, until they are brown and crispy.


No comments:

Post a Comment