Wednesday 1 May 2013

What I Ate Wednesday - 10

 
So here goes another What I Ate Wednesday and little bit of a rant. So...I was so so sick on the weekend, I wasn`t able to get out out bed, my fever was so high I just laid in the dark for hours with my eyes closed and not sleeping. My weekends usually consist of meal planning and grocery shopping, laundry, cleaning the house, and cooking. This weekend I also wanted to get the yards cleaned up and I was supposed to take my daughter to the store to exchange sandals that I bought her..oh and we were going to take the train to the market. I didn`t do any of that! Luckily, I had most of the laundry done during the week so my husband finished it...first I had to tell him how much laundry detergent to use then discovered after all the laundry was done and baskets brought upstairs that he didn`t fold a single item! Ahhh! The house was not cleaned, my floors are a mess, the kids did their usual daily cleaning and that`s it. I made a very very small and specific (I`m talking location of items, brand of item and quantity) grocery list for my husband to take to the store to buy only what we needed for two days until I would feel human enough to go myself. He came back with almost everything wrong and spent half of what I do for a week of groceries. I tell him a small wheel of double cream brie, he comes back with brie spread, I have never even heard of brie spread before! Oh and the cooking, we ate McDonalds on Saturday and fried rice on Sunday! It`s a good thing I don`t get that sick very often, I`m not sure how this house would keep going....okay I`m done!

So Monday came and I was still sick but I remembered to take pictures but not until after I ate breakfast!

Breakfast: I attempted to eat a bowl of plain Greek yogurt with honey and blueberries, I was supposed to get vanilla yogurt from the store, he came home with plain...it was so gross, I didn`t eat it. So I had a bowl of Oatmeal Crisp cereal and a coffee
 
Lunch: This grilled cheese was soooo good. I`m not sure why I have never tried this before but I will be making this again! Oh I also had some blackberries and kiwi with it



Turkey Ranch Grilled Cheese
2 slices of bread, buttered on one side only
8 thin slices of old cheddar cheese
about 50g of oven roasted turkey breast
thinly sliced onion (as much as you like), I used white onion
about 1 tbsp ranch dressing

Layer: Bread, butter side down in pan, 4 slices cheese, half the ranch squirted over the cheese, onion, turkey, ranch, 4 slices of cheese, bread buttered side up

Pan fry over medium low heat for a few minutes on one side, until golden brown, flip carefully, squish the bread a little with the spatula and brown on that side for a few minutes!

After lunch I had a nice long nap!

Supper: Jambalaya from Barefoot Contessa: Foolproof Recipes
This was good but the kids didn`t eat it, so I put alot of work into prepping this and alot of it went to the garbage, I probably won`t make it again.
I only ate half of this bowl!
 


After supper I had another coffee and some frozen yogurt! 
 
This is not typically how I eat everyday. My appetite is still not very good, what I ate on this day was more than I ate in the 3 days I had a fever, I`m sure it will take a bit of time to get my appetite back.

Don`t forget to check out Peas and Crayons to see what other bloggers are eating!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh my god you had my heart at grilled cheese. Total drool. Thanks for the recipe! Happy WIAW!

    ReplyDelete