Friday 4 October 2013

Canning and Preserving

So it's been quite a while since I've written anything. I have been spending so much time canning and preserving over the past month I haven't had time to do much else.

This is my first year canning and I have to say, I think it may be a new addiction. Here is how it all started. I picked some strawberries in the summer and made a small batch of delicious strawberry jam. That was in July. At the beginning of September, a friend of mine posted a picture of salsa she made on Facebook. Then I wanted to make salsa. So I went out and bought what I needed. Then she continued to post pictures of jam that she made. So naturally I went out and bought 25lbs each of pears and peaches, a bushel of pickling cucumbers, beets, tomatoes and green beans. I spent the entire weekend canning. I was exhausted. Two weeks later, I went out to buy more beets, because they were so delicious. I also bought hot peppers, a giant bag of onions and more pickling cucumbers.

I have a Pinterest board just for everything I've made and one for what I want to make.
Here they are

I have been sharing and trading and looking forward to making so much more.
Here's my canned stuff, there is quite a bit missing from here!

2 comments:

  1. Muahahahahahahahaha. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Violet, I learned two things from this comment. 1. You read my blog and 2. YOU HAVE A BLOG!!! I didn't know that!

      Delete